Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Taste like mashed potatoes???

Ok, so most of my recipes I find on Pinterest. This recipe is no different, but it was a little riskier than I usually go for.
The recipe claimed this Cheesy Cauliflower Purée tasted better than mashed potatoes. WHAT?!?!? I kept thinking there is no way. I absolutely love almost any form of potato. In fact to ready myself for tonight's dish, I even had a baked potato for lunch. Gotta have something to compare it to right? :) I wouldn't say it tastes like or that its better than mashed potatoes, but it was DELICIOUS! It will be made again.

Here is the recipe:
1 head of cauliflower
1/3 cup of heavy cream
2 tbs of butter
2 oz of sharp cheese (I used sharp white cheddar)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Cut the cauliflower into medium sized pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl and add heavy cream & 1 tbs butter. Heat for 5 min. Remove from microwave and stir- make sure that the cauliflower is covered with the cream. Put back in the microwave for 4 minutes. Then put in the blender with the cheese and 1 tbs butter. Blend until there are no lumps. Then add salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment