Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Adventure of Telling Our Parents

I spent a lot of time googling how to tell your husband, your parents, your friends & students that we were pregnant.  I have a need to be creative in EVERYTHING possible.  I don't want to be predictable, but I do want it to be fun and meaningful.  So, one day while reading the forum on my what to expect when you are expecting app, I found the perfect way to tell our parents.  It was a letter.  One that could be emailed!  Now, some would find that an email letter is impersonal, but we really needed to find a way that we could let them know at the same time- to be fair to both sets.  So, here is what it said:

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

You can’t yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come June;
That’s when mom says I’m due.
I am your new grandson or granddaughter;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then,
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we'll know.

So what I have to give you now,
Is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family.




Then we just sat back and waited for the phone calls.  :)

1 comment: